Monday, September 2, 2013

This Weekend I... Volume 8







This weekend I... spent a lot of time taking care of my very sick dog. Gordy started throwing
up on Wednesday night and stopped eating and drinking water. By Friday, the boyfriend and I were both pretty tired of cleaning up puke, plus two people at work used a really stern voice and told me to take him to the vet, so I brought him in. 

The veterinarian wasn't really sure what's wrong with him, but he was very dehydrated, so they put him on an IV for a few hours. That seemed to help some, but he still didn't seem to feel very well on Saturday and Sunday. We had to worry and fawn over him all the way until Monday.

Poor little guy. But also, poor little me and the boyfriend, because Gordy cost us five hundred dollars for that trip to the doctor. He's lucky we're childless and therefore treat him like our baby.






This weekend I... had a fish fry with my family. My adorable, 88 year old grandpa recently went fishing and caught a bunch of crappies. So my uncle and and his girlfriend brought over their fryer while my parents and I rolled my grandma down the hill from the nursing home. A couple of my little cousins came over too, but I think mostly to show off the grasshopper they caught earlier that morning.

It was beautiful out, and we all ate too much, and it was a great day. I love spending time with my family.



This weekend I... went to the Renaissance Festival. I was eight the last time I was there, so I was afraid it was going to be a little lame. But it was a surprisingly good time. There was beer and wine everywhere, which was nice, plus the people watching was unbeatable. But it was hard to tell who was working at the festival and who was just really into Game of Thrones.

Also, the boyfriend bought me lots of stuff, so I felt like a drunk princess.




No comments: