Thursday, September 5, 2013

I Thought That's Why I'm Giving You Money


I went out for brunch last weekend, and naturally, I ordered a bloody mary. And that's when things went downhill. The waitress told me that they had a bloody mary bar available during brunch. And then she totally gave me the stink eye when I asked if I could just have one made and brought out to me.

Now, I'm not the most worldly girl around, so maybe that's considered an uncouth move in the world of food service, but I thought it was a totally legit request. I don't expect to be treated like a princess or anything, but I didn't go to a restaurant to make my own drinks. I could have done that at home. Trust me, I have the vodka.

The same goes for wedge salads. Every time I'm served one of those and have to cut it up, I think, "Oh, I guess I'll just do this part for you."


No comments: