Thursday, November 7, 2013

Security Breach, the Prequel; I Guess


So, on Tuesday I told you about the time that weird ghost guy popped in through our balcony door. After that post, my sister reminded me that we actually had another security breach at our place one time.

This one happened shortly after the boyfriend and I moved in. It was, like, 2:00 in the morning and we were both asleep. Then the boyfriend suddenly woke up; he thought he heard a noise. He listened for a second and then heard footsteps in the hallway. Then he saw someone walk past the bedroom door.

He got up and shouted something to the effect of, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Turns out it was just some drunk guy. He was trying to stumble to his way into his buddy's condo to sleep it off, but he got the numbers mixed up. Totally harmless.

And, yes, the front door was unlocked. I assume that was my fault. The boyfriend probably asked if I had locked it, and I probably said yes without one hundred percent paying attention to what he said. That's a pretty common explanation for a lot of the crap that happens to me. Though I contend that ghosts could be responsible for some of that stuff.


P.S. I am such a freakishly deep sleeper that I only found out about both of these events the next day when the boyfriend described them to me. So who knows how many times similar things have happened when he was out of town.


5 comments:

Jennifer Prod said...

Another reason to be thankful for the boyfriend, right? Someone to wake up when the ghost walker enters the apartment. Imagine if you kept sleeping ghost walker entered bed, and then you woke up and found him there? Like I said, be thankful for the boyfriend :)

Unknown said...

For real!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you slept through that! That is my worst nightmare! I'm a total freak about locking the door and deadbolt whenever I walk into the house....to the point that I've managed to lock my husband out of the house many, many times. I'm glad he was harmless!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I make a terrible guard dog.

Andrea @ Love is... said...

Oh geez! That's kinda scary! Glad it was harmless, but still freaky! When my husband works nights, I sleep like crap typically, because I think I can hear things... I don't know what exactly, but things. But I know how to shoot a gun, so I'm good! ; )