Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Take It to the Grave


I have a feeling that I'm going to end up in jail someday. Not necessarily for something I did myself, but definitely as an accomplice. (Although, I suppose committing a crime myself isn't too big a stretch of the imagination.)

See, I would never, ever rat out a friend who committed a crime. Never. If you killed someone, I'd help you bury the body and get you across the border.

I think it's something that runs in my family. We're pretty tight lipped. For example:

When my dad was a little kid, he was sitting in the car outside the courthouse waiting for his dad. Since it's a small town, the post office was located inside the courthouse. So was the jail.

While he was sitting out there, waiting for his dad to buy stamps, he saw a prisoner come out of the building alone. Then he saw him run across the lawn, hop into a pick up, and drive away. And he never told anyone. (At least not for, like, twenty years.)

Even as a seven year old, he knew the company line. I didn't see nothing.


No comments: