Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Can't Take You Anywhere


I have a cousin, named Chrissy, who is awesome. She is amazing and hilarious in ways I can't even put into words.

So I will give you an example:

About five years ago, we went to Los Angeles together to visit our good friend, Jacob. While we were there, the three of us decided to have lunch at the fancy restaurant on top of Barney's. We rode the elevator up with an older couple. Noticing that Chrissy and I were both in short sleeves while they had scarves and jackets, the couple figured we were from out of town and asked where we were from.

Chrissy took the opportunity to bust out a line from the awful, not-supposed-to-be-funny-but-is movie Showgirls. (We had gotten drunk and watched it the night before.) With a totally straight face she shouted, "Different places!"

I was mortified. Jacob was so proud. The elderly couple looked very nervous. And Chrissy never broke character.

We did not eat lunch at that restaurant.


No comments: