Wednesday, November 7, 2012

You Win This Round, Hobo


So I have beef with the homeless guy who lives in my neighborhood.  (That sound ridiculous, I know.  A homeless guy who lives in my neighborhood.  Squats, maybe?  I don't know.)

Anyway, it all started one day when I walked by him on the sidewalk.  To be friendly, I smiled and said, "hello."  Even though he was looking right at me, he totally stonewalled me.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt and figured he probably just didn't hear me.

The second time I walked past him, I gave a smile and a little wave.  Again, nothing.  Now I started getting pissed.  Here I was trying to be nice, and this guy was just completely freezing me out.  I decided right then and there that I would not rest until I could show that fucker how friendly I was and finally get him to acknowledge me.

The next time I walked by, I pulled out all the stops.  I bobbed my head a little to make sure we had eye contact, I gave another little wave and said, "hi."  And he didn't even twitch.  Just glared at me.  In fact, I think he gave me the stink eye a little bit.

I know, right?!

It's on, bitch.  I may not have all the details worked out yet.  Or any of them.  But I will best you, old man, and you will rue the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

walk by with a 6 pack of beer... I bet he would notice you then! (Is that judgmental / stereotyping? )

Unknown said...

Yes it is. Keep it up.