Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful Thinking - Part Four


There are some people whose contributions to the world are so great that I can't imagine life without them. I would like to thank these people for their wonderful ideas.


--Johannes Gutenberg - His method of movable type printing made books available to the masses. I'm sure he had something like the 50 Shades of Grey series in mind at the time.

--Al Gore - From what I understand, he invented the Internet. So that's good.

--Heinz Hankammer - Creator of Brita water filters. I think water tastes really gross, but it's proven necessary for staying alive. Hankammer's invention makes it easier for me to do that. So that's good too.

--Tina Fey - Lines from 30 Rock have comprised roughly 15% of my vocabulary for the past few years.

--T. L. Williams - In an attempt to help his sister, Maybel, get a man, Williams invented mascara. (Fun fact: He started selling his product as Maybelline.) And F diamonds. Everyone knows mascara is a girl's real best friend.


So, you know, thanks guys.

No comments: